Placing your loved one in the care of a nursing home can be a difficult decision. Often, a nursing home promises to provide your elderly relative with a better quality of life, including round the clock supervision and medical attention.
Unfortunately, nursing homes do not always fulfill the promises they make. Nursing home abuse is a very real problem and one that does not discriminate. Finding out that a staff member violated your trust can be quite devastating, especially if it results in a serious injury or death of a loved one.
With so much on the line, it is important that the families of nursing home residents know how to recognize the signs of nursing home abuse and neglect. According to U.S. News & World Report, some traits of the worst nursing homes include:
- A history of abuse or neglect, including low star rating with Medicare.gov, which takes into account factors such as staffing, time spent with residents and state-conducted health inspections.
- A record that includes several severe violations.
- A consistently large amount of staff turnover.
- Overly restrictive of residents’ independence.
- It simply does not pass the eye test.
My Parent Was the Victim of Nursing Home Abuse. Who Can I Call?
Stewart Law Offices, LLC represents nursing home abuse victims and their families throughout South Carolina as well as Gastonia, Charlotte and surrounding areas in North Carolina. To schedule a free consultation with one of our experienced injury attorneys, call us today.
Note: This information is for informational purposes and does not constitute legal advice. You can only receive legal advice by meeting with an attorney.