When you have been involved in an accident, you need stewart law offices
Car AccidentsFree & Confidential Consultation
South Carolina Rear-End Accident Attorneys
Compassionate Representation for Victims of Rear-End Accidents in South Carolina
Our South Carolina rear-end accident attorneys can evaluate what happened and help you explore your options for filing a claim.
A rear-end may not initially seem like a big deal, but even a minor collision can change your life. Victims of these accidents often suffer deceptively severe injuries and become saddled with the financial burdens that come with long-term medical treatment, lost income, an inability to work, and other losses. When a rear-end accident is caused by another driver’s negligence, the victim can hold them accountable and seek compensation for damages through a personal injury claim.
If you were recently injured in a rear-end accident, we realize that you are likely stressed, frustrated, and eager to move forward with your life. However, you should not give up your right to fair compensation for your injuries, and you deserve quality, dedicated legal representation. At Stewart Law Offices, our goal is to get you the money you deserve as quickly and painlessly as possible. Our experienced South Carolina rear-end accident lawyers are prepared to meet you at your home or in the hospital if you cannot come to us. We will walk you through your legal options and give you all of the information you need to make the best decision for you and your family. Our team has the resources, skills, and drive to see your case through to a verdict, and we will always aggressively fight to maximize your recovery.
How Rear-End Accidents Happen in South Carolina
A rear-end accident occurs when a driver collides with a vehicle directly in front of them. These common accidents tend to happen at stop signs, at traffic lights, or in bumper-to-bumper traffic, but they may also occur whenever a vehicle is forced to suddenly stop, creating a situation where the vehicle behind them may not stop in time. These collisions may happen at low or high speeds, but even low-speed crashes can cause serious injuries.
Rear-end accidents are often the result of:
- Distracted driving (including texting while driving)
- Driving while intoxicated
- Excessive speeding
- Fatigued driving
If another driver hits your vehicle from behind because they were impaired, driving recklessly, or not paying attention, their behavior likely constitutes negligence, meaning you have a case against them.
You owe us nothing unless we win* money for you, and we are available to answer your questions 24/7. Schedule a free initial consultation by contacting us online or calling 803-408-7352 today. Se habla español.
What to Do After a Rear-End Accident in South Carolina
When a rear-end accident occurs at a low speed and it does not appear that anyone was seriously hurt, you may be tempted to shrug the incident off. The other driver may try to convince you to avoid calling the police or involving the insurance companies, especially if the damage seems minor. Do not underestimate the injuries even a low-speed rear-end accident can cause, and do not give in to the temptation to skip the important steps you should take after any vehicular collision.
After a rear-end accident, you should:
- Call 9-1-1. If you or the other driver sustained any injuries, you are legally required to report the accident to the police. Do not be swayed by any claims from the other driver that summoning the police is not necessary. Ask an officer to come to the scene and wait for them to arrive. They will create an official accident report that will become an important component of your claim.
- Document the scene. Take photos of your injuries, damage to your vehicle, and road conditions.
- Exchange contact information. You will need the other driver’s name, phone number, address, insurance information, and license information. If there were any witnesses, try to get their contact information, too.
- Get medical treatment. Even if you feel largely okay after a rear-end collision, it is imperative that you see a doctor as soon as you can. Rear-end accidents can cause brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, and other adverse health consequences that may be difficult to initially detect. You need to get prompt care for these injuries and establish a link between the injuries and the accident.
- Contact Stewart Law Offices. You should speak to a qualified legal professional before talking to your insurance company or the other driver’s insurer or attorney. We can manage these communications to ensure that you do not say anything that could weaken your claim. Our team will then get to work on building your case and seeking compensation.
Recovering Damages through a South Carolina Car Accident Lawsuit
To recover economic and non-economic damages after a rear-end accident, you must file a personal injury lawsuit before the statute of limitations expires. You have three years from the date of an accident to file a personal injury claim in South Carolina. You will be unable to recover any compensation if you miss this deadline, which is why it is important to discuss your case with our South Carolina rear-end accident lawyers as soon as possible after the collision.
Should someone suffer fatal injuries because of a rear-end accident, the personal representative of the deceased’s estate has the exclusive right to bring a wrongful death claim against the negligent party. They will have three years from the date of the victim’s passing to initiate the legal process.
When we represent you in a rear-end accident claim, we will fight to secure full and fair compensation for all losses, including:
- Past, current, and future medical expenses
- Lost income and earning capacity
- Property damage
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of consortium
Getting you maximum compensation and ensuring you and your family’s well-being are our top priorities. Call 803-408-7352 or contact us online to learn more about how we can assist you with your claim today.
$9.8 Million Car Accident
$3.8 Million Wrongful Death
$3.5 Million Tractor-Trailer Accident
$3 Million Tractor-Trailer Accident
$1.6 Million Motorcycle Accident
“While my case had some quite odd turns of events, my attorney with Stewart Law Offices held firm and relentless. Stewart Law Offices will definitely go above and beyond and I’m truly grateful that they hung in there and fought for me.” - Rebecca P.
“I felt powerless and overwhelmed by the situation I was in. When I made the phone call to the Stewart Law office it changed everything!” - Andrew R.
“ fought like they were the ones who had their lives turned around till the end. Explained everything and included a few laughs. As I said an all-around great team of lawyers and a silver lining to a very bad experience!” - David J.