If you’ve been injured in an accident, the prospect of hiring a lawyer can feel like an intimidating task. However, a personal injury attorney can be a valuable ally in your fight for compensation. Getting the money you need for your medical expenses, missed wages, and other losses can set you on the path to healing without having to worry about how you’re going to pay the bills.
People often wonder whether it’s worth the time and effort to find a lawyer. After all, the insurance company has already made you a settlement offer, right? Before you accept, hit the pause button.
Here are the top 5 reasons why you need a personal injury attorney:
- Knowledge of the law. Lawyers narrow their practices to certain areas of the law. If you need a divorce, you go to a divorce lawyer. If you’ve been hurt in an accident, you want a personal injury attorney who understands the unique aspects of handling these types of cases.
- Contingency fee arrangements: Some lawyers charge hourly fees for their work. Most personal injury attorneys, including Stewart Law Offices, handle cases on a contingency fee basis. That means that the attorney only collects a fee if your case wins. The fee will be deducted as a percentage from the ultimate award. With a contingency fee arrangement, you can rest assured that the attorney is fully invested in the outcome of your case and that you won’t be burdened by cumbersome legal fees while the case is pending.
- Strong negotiating skills: The vast majority of personal injury claims result in settlements with the insurance company. But no matter how sympathetic they sound, insurance adjusters are not your friends. They are hired to save the insurance company money. How? By convincing you to accept the lowest possible settlement offer. A personal injury lawyer will know the true value of your case and negotiate firmly for a full and fair award.
- Personalized legal advice: No two injury claims are alike. A personal injury lawyer can look at the facts of your case and tailor the legal approach to meet your specific needs and goals.
- Free consultations: Just as there’s no cost to hire a personal injury lawyer, there’s no cost to learn whether you have a case. Most injury attorneys offer free initial consultations to prospective clients. That means there is literally nothing to lose by learning your legal options.
When Should I Contact a Personal Injury Lawyer?
There are certain circumstances where you should always call a personal injury lawyer. Reach out as soon as possible if:
- Someone was severely hurt or killed
- The fault is being disputed
- The insurance company is refusing to pay your claim
- You are feeling overwhelmed
Get Legal Help From Stewart Law Offices Now
Stewart Law Offices exclusively handles injury cases in both Carolinas. In South Carolina, we have locations conveniently located in Rock Hill, Spartanburg, Columbia, and Beaufort. ** You can also meet with our North Carolina personal injury lawyers in Charlotte.
Find support when you need it most. Call or contact us today for a free consultation.