At Stewart Law Offices, we believe in giving back to the communities we serve. We pride ourselves on providing high-quality legal representation to clients in need throughout North and South Carolina. This dedication to service does not end at the courthouse door.
Since its founding in 1995, Stewart Law Offices has supported local teachers, shelters for abused and neglected children, Special Olympics South Carolina, organizations that provide college scholarships for disadvantaged children, medical debt relief organizations, and other philanthropic efforts. These organizations have helped countless families and children in the Carolinas. We are proud to have contributed to their work in building stronger, more equitable communities.
In 2022, we are excited to sponsor two new charitable organizations: The Care Ring of North Carolina and Baby Bundles of North Carolina. These organizations provide vital services to struggling people in our communities and deserve your support. The team at Stewart Law Offices is proud to offer them a helping hand and encourages our neighbors to join us in doing so.
What Is the Care Ring of NC?
Care Ring is a nonprofit group that provides healthcare services for those who are uninsured, underinsured, or unable to access high-quality preventative care in North Carolina. Care Ring primarily serves the Mecklenburg County region and provides care to more than 7,600 people each year. Among the services Care Ring provides are:
- Low-Cost Primary Care – Care Ring operates a low-cost clinic at the Children and Family Services Center in Charlotte. This clinic provides in-person and virtual primary care services to those who would otherwise be unable to afford treatment. The clinic’s services include annual check-ups, low-cost lab work, school physicals, help with managing chronic conditions, well-woman care, employment exams, TB tests, health education resources, and referrals to other healthcare charities.
- Nurse-Family Partnership – Care Ring’s Nurse-Family Partnership provides pregnant women with personal nurses to support them during pregnancy and throughout their children’s early years. Providing expectant mothers with personalized care and attention throughout their pregnancies increases the chances that they will stay healthy and thrive long after their children are born. Personal nurses can continue to support families in the program by helping children prepare for school or supporting moms in meeting their goals.
- Physicians Reach Out – Many people in Mecklenburg County cannot afford the healthcare they desperately need. Through the Physicians Reach Out program, patients with few resources are given access to a local network of doctors, specialists, hospitals, and laboratories. These doctors and clinics provide patients in need with everything from basic primary care and surgical procedures to cancer care and orthopedic treatments.
- Case Management – Many patients with complex or chronic medical conditions need help managing their appointments and taking care of themselves. Care Ring’s case management specialists help patients stay on top of their appointments and provide various other services, such as referrals to community resources, transportation to appointments, and mental health counseling.
- Community-Based Care – People in low-income communities often experience higher rates of chronic illnesses. In turn, these conditions exacerbate existing problems in communities and lead to worse health outcomes. Care Ring’s community advocates work with other local organizations to improve the community’s well-being and fight for systemic changes.
What Is Baby Bundles of NC?
Preparing for a new baby often means buying diapers, clothing, baby food, blankets, and more. However, many parents with few resources cannot afford these items, leading to poor health outcomes for children and families. Baby Bundles provides parents in need with a bag of necessities as they leave the hospital with their newborns. The hope is that these necessities will give new parents a strong foundation and a feeling that the community supports them. The contents of each bundle are valued at around $300 and comprise baby clothes, blankets, and other newborn essentials.
Emily Harry, Heather Leavitt, and Cat Long founded Baby Bundles after experiencing the heartache of delivering stillborn children. The three women channeled their grief into helping other mothers in need throughout North Carolina. Working with its community partners, Baby Bundles provides care packages to many families in Charlotte and the surrounding areas.
How You Can Get Involved
Care Ring and Baby Bundles appreciate the support of local community members. Care Ring relies on donations to fund its programs. You can support Care Ring and Baby Bundles through financial donations to further the organization’s missions. Care Ring also needs more doctors, nurses, and other medical providers who can donate their time to improve community members’ health. If you want to support Care Ring but do not have medical training, you can serve as a volunteer and help with administrative tasks, fundraising, community outreach, research, marketing, and patient support services.
Baby Bundles is always looking for volunteers to package bundles and assist with other tasks. Community members are also welcome to make a “No-Sew Blanket” to be included in a bundle. Baby Bundles also accepts monetary and clothing donations and has a wish list of needed items on Amazon. Finally, Baby Bundles hosts fundraising events throughout the year and always needs more volunteers to help these events run smoothly. Furthermore, there are individual and corporate sponsorship opportunities available at these events.
Stewart Law Offices’ Involvement
At Stewart Law Offices, we firmly believe in the missions of Baby Bundles, Care Ring, and the dozens of other local groups that we support. We are proud to donate our time and financial resources to further the goals of these critical organizations.
We believe everyone plays a part in ensuring that those in our community can live happy, healthy, and productive lives. If you share our commitment to the greater good, we encourage you to get involved in an organization near you. Even small gestures can make a significant impact on someone’s life. For more information on Stewart Law Offices’ charitable programs or legal services or to speak with an experienced personal injury attorney in Rock Hill about your case, call us today or visit our contact page.