What Can I do After A Deadly Hit and Run Accident? - Stewart Law Offices
Tap To Call: 1.866.783.9278
Call us today for help 1.866.783.9278

What Can I do After A Deadly Hit and Run Accident?

Police investigating a fatal April 18 hit and run accident in Goose Creek believe they have found the car that was involved. A burgundy 2014 Chrysler 300 was seized from a North Charleston body shop after a tip was received days after the accident. Authorities are still trying to determine the identity of the driver at fault, but finding the sedan should make the search for that individual easier.

The car had front right passenger side damage consistent with the accident that killed a 26-year-old Goose Creek man who was crossing St. James Boulevard that Saturday night. The victim was pronounced dead at an area hospital shortly after the driver of the Chrysler fled the scene. That vehicle was registered in Virginia under a rental car company.

Who Helps Victims of Hit and Run Accidents?

One would hope that a driver at fault in an accident would always stop to render aid and take responsibility, but all too often that is not the case. Drunk drivers, drivers with criminal records, and drivers who simply panic after an accident are more likely to flee the scene after a harmful wreck. When careless drivers try to shirk their responsibility, an attorney who knows wrongful death cases can be an invaluable asset for victims. The wrongful death lawyers at Stewart Law Offices know how to use the process in the criminal justice system to pursue civil justice for families, but our lawyers do not need criminal charges or convictions to get the job done in civil court. To see how Stewart Law Offices can relieve some of the burden after losing a loved one, please see our page on wrongful death cases.

Stewart Law Offices Wrongful Death Lawyers and Workers’ compensation lawyers

Source: http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/28844435/man-26-killed-in-goose-creek-hit-and-run

Note: This information is for informational purposes and does not constitute legal advice. You can only receive legal advice by meeting with an attorney.

Awards & Certifications