[et_pb_section admin_label=”section”][et_pb_row admin_label=”row”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_text admin_label=”Text” background_layout=”light” text_orientation=”left” use_border_color=”off” border_color=”#ffffff” border_style=”solid”]
When someone dies due to the negligence of another party, the deceased’s family members may not only suffer emotional pain, but financial hardships as well. If someone else is legally responsible for the death of your family member, you may have the right to sue for wrongful death.
Wrongful death claims allow victims to seek recovery for funeral expenses, lost wages and support, pain and suffering, and other damages. Wrongful death lawsuits are very complicated, and can differ from state to state due to complexities within the laws.
If you suspect you may have a wrongful death case on your hands, the best thing you can do is speak with a qualified wrongful death attorney. Most lawyers offer free consultations in order to help you determine if your case is worth pursuing.
Make the most out of your consultation by asking good, insightful questions, such as:
- How long have you been practicing law as a licensed attorney?
- How much experience do you have handling wrongful death cases?
- Are you an active member of any local, state, or national lawyer organizations?
- What percentage of your cases settle?
- How many trials have you taken through verdict? What were the results?
- Who will be handling my case day-to-day? Do I speak with you directly, or someone else within your office?
- Do you take phone calls outside of normal business hours?
- What will my role be in this case?
- Who will you hire to support my case?
Based on how your wrongful death attorney answers these questions, you can decide if they are worthy of your case.
Stewart Law Offices, LLC offers professional legal representation for wrongful death cases in North Carolina and South Carolina. If you have recently lost someone you love due to the negligence of another, contact us online for a free consultation, or call (888) 286-5600.